Hexagon Geospatial - Essentials – a competitively priced basic geospatial image processing capability (ERDAS IMAGINE Essentials) and GIS (GeoMedia Essentials) – perfect for those wishing to teach a basic level across vector and raster geospatial analysis.
Hexagon Geospatial - Desktop Imaging – access the global leader in satellite, airborne and UAV image processing capability. Combining the very best tools in ERDAS IMAGINE and ER Mapper including IMAGINE Photogrammetry, this bundle has been the leading image processing tool for CHEST users over the last 23 years.
Hexagon Geospatial - Desktop GIS – Intergraph has been providing a complete suite of powerful GIS tools for the last 30 years. Now part of the Hexagon Geospatial offering, GeoMedia Professional is now available for the first time to the teaching and research community at a huge discount.
Hexagon Geospatial - Enterprise – bringing together enterprise data management, cataloguing, analytics, streaming, compression and dissemination, this package offers a huge capability for those wishing to teach and undertake research using industrial strength geospatial software. The very best server technologies from the Hexagon Geospatial portfolio are all included.
- Unique site-wide licence for Essentials, Desktop Imaging and Desktop GIS
- Pricing lower than 10 years ago, equivalent to 98% discount from commercial pricing for most sites
- Unlimited number of licences allowed, including self-licencing
- Home use / off-campus licensing allowed including fieldwork abroad
- Complete support programme including all major and minor upgrades for the entire period of the contract
This Agreement is open to Institutions of Higher and Further Education and Research Councils in the United Kingdom, to Universities and Colleges of Further Education in the Republic of Ireland and to Associated Sites.
The original Agreement for ERDAS IMAGINE was negotiated in 1992/3 after a formal consultation with the Community. The Agreement was extended in 1999 with additional products added and has continued to be renewed at regular intervals. The current agreement has been extended to include the whole Hexagon Geospatial portfolio, which includes technologies from ERDAS and Intergraph, to form a single Agreement and the only one spanning GIS, image processing and enterprise solutions for geospatial work.
Start date: 1 August 2015 End date: 31 July 2018
Owner: Hexagon Geospatial
Supplier: Sterling Geo Ltd (Legal entity is Sterling Geophysical Surveys Ltd.)
Hexagon Geospatial - Essentials – a base version of the world-leading ERDAS IMAGINE and GeoMedia products, this single bundle spans both raster and vector processing. ERDAS Essentials offers the basic tools for image mapping, visualization, enhancement and geo-correction, including image analysis, visualization, vector editing, batch processing and map output. GeoMedia Essentials includes basic feature placement and editing, vector analysis, labelling, geocoding, presentation and map production.
Hexagon Geospatial - Desktop Imaging – previously known as ERDAS, this is a complete image processing suite, from ingestion and correction through to enhancement, classification, feature extraction and change detection. Recently upgraded to allow native point cloud support and analysis, this tool also provides integration routes with a wide range of desktop GIS, including the ESRI product portfolio. The core components are:
- ERDAS IMAGINE – a suite of tools for ingestion, preparation, enhancement, analysis integration and presentation of geospatial imagery. From advanced visualization to spatial modelling, the software offers both teaching and research capability.
- ERDAS IMAGINE Expansion Pack – enhancing the core capability of ERDAS IMAGINE, a wide range of additional tools are provided including 3D visualization, image correlation for fast image to image correction, advanced change detection and radar data processing.
- ERDAS IMAGINE Photogrammetry – based on the Leica Photogrammetry Suite, the software allows block creation, DSM/DTM generation, terrain editing and stereo feature extraction.
- ER Mapper – a firm favorite for those working with satellite imagery. Whilst much of the functionality has now been integrated within the ERDAS IMAGINE platform, this popular product remains available under the CHEST agreement.
Hexagon Geospatial - Desktop GIS – at the heart of this bundle is Hexagon Geospatial’s GeoMedia product, a complete Geographic Information System encompassing all the functionality you would expect. From import and vector creation to editing, analysis, transaction management, linear networking parcel management, validation and finally product preparation, creation and printing. Database connectivity is also well supported including direct read of Oracle and SQL vector features. With a site-wide unlimited licence model for a single price, the package offers capability for both teaching and research.
Hexagon Geospatial - Enterprise – this is the only element of the Hexagon Geospatial offering that is NOT an unlimited licence model, as it is designed to be installed and used as an enterprise solution rather than mass installation on individual machines. Providing 5 licences of almost the entire Hexagon Geospatial Enterprise capability, this offering delivers:
For complete product descriptions, please visit www.sterlinggeo.com
- ERDAS APOLLO Professional – Rapid image and point cloud delivery (including ECWP, JPIP, WMS and WMTS), combined with cataloguing and management of data (including harvesting, clip/zip/ship and data download (WCS, WFS-T, CS-W etc.) All of the above can then be combined with Web Processing Services (WPS) to deliver on-line spatial analysis.
- GeoMedia WebMap Professional – Build and deploy OGC compliant web services expanding ERDAS APOLLO to include wider vector support. The advanced API access allows users to create their own web applications including display of 3D data online.
- GeoMedia Smart Client Professional – Focused on web editing and remote data creation / management, Smart Client delivers a range of tools for vector editing, attribute and spatial querying, bespoke report generation, workflow creation and management as well as validation for database management.
- Geospatial Portal – A browser-based multi-lingual web application used for finding, viewing, querying and analyzing geospatial data. 3D and mobile are both supported as well as business workflows when used in partnership with other elements of this package.
- Geospatial SDI – A complete tool for cataloguing and delivering enterprise geospatial data. Adhering to OGC, Inspire and ISO standards, this tool extends other elements of this package for those wishing to create and manage a secure spatial data infrastructure.
Pricing and Ordering
||Number of licences
Hexagon Desktop Imaging
Hexagon Desktop GIS
Sites may pay for the whole three year term at time of initial order but there is no discount for doing so.
VAT will be added to the above fees, at the prevailing rate.
On receipt a completed Chest Order Form plus an Institution Purchase Order made payable to Eduserv, sites will be invoiced for the Agreement year in which the licence is signed.
A licence year runs from 1 August to the following 31 July.
For each subsequent year, sites will be invoiced three months in advance of the anniversary date of the Agreement on 1 May to cover the period from 1 August to 31 July.
Prices exclude VAT.
All purchase orders must be made out to Eduserv and payments must be paid within 30 calendar days of the date of invoice.
Start date: 1 August 2015 End date: 31 July 2018.
Institutions may participate in the Agreement at any time during its life, but shall be bound by its Terms and Conditions, including payments, until 31 July 2018.
How to Order
All sites should complete the following documents:
Scan and return to: email@example.com
- The Order Form
- A Purchase Order for the full amount due plus VAT made payable to "Eduserv"
This Site licence is subject to the terms and conditions for the Standard Software Licence 2011.
Copying of the Software is allowed in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Standard Chest Licence for Software.
At the end of a licence period, sites will be required to delete the software from their systems.
It is the intention of Eduserv and Sterling Geophysical Surveys Ltd. to renew this Agreement.
If the Agreement is renewed or extended, then new conditions may apply.
If the Agreement is not renewed then any extension is a matter between institutions and Sterling Geophysical Surveys Ltd.
Location and Use Permissions
The product(s) may be used by any Authorised User of the Licensee for Educational Purposes which includes the administration and management of the licensee’s educational and research operations. These permissions are described in the terms and conditions for the Standard Software Licence 2011.
As home-use rights are already included as standard, personal licences are not required under this Agreement.
Service and Support
Available, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Installation and licensing guides for v2014 and v2015
Complete softcopy documentation is provided with the software. This can be accessed via the “Help” tab within the software or from the documentation folder within the installation program group.
Training and Training Materials
Two-day training courses may be held at Sterling’s offices, on request. Fees vary, but as a guide £1,500 will be charged in total for a maximum of 5 people. Additional people will be charged at a rate of £450 per person. This offer is only open to those institutions that have purchased their licences via the Hexagon Geospatial Chest Agreement. For in-house training please contact Sterling Geo for further information.
Example data can be downloaded from download.intergraph.com. Comprehensive instructional documentation and tour guides are included in the help documents supplied with the software.
Support will be provided via a single contact or his/her deputy at each institution.
Support and licensing requests are available through the Sterling Geo helpdesk which can be contacted at:
Please use the email contact in preference. The helpdesk is open during standard office hours; 9am to 5pm weekdays.
Licence requests are generally turned around within 24 hours. Technical support resolutions will depend upon the nature of the query.
Supplier Web Address
Supplier home page: www.sterlinggeo.com
Installation, System Releases, New Versions and Functionality
Generally there is one major release and one minor update of the software per year. Additional fixes may be released from time to time. Notification of these releases will be made on www.sterlinggeo.com and @SterlingGeo. If you wish to receive these announcements by email (recommended) please sign up to the newsletter: www.sterlinggeo.com/sign-up-to-our-newsletter.html
Hexagon Geospatial Agreement Administrators will be advised of their Licence Authorisation Code by the software provider. There is an installation and licensing guide here Chest Administration Licensing.
The Administrator should register with the Intergraph Support service in order to be able to download any updates and service packs here Intergraph Support
The software is only available by download from Intergraph Product Download Portal.
There are Installation and licensing guides for v2014 and v2015
Licencing for individual staff and students is now managed by each university’s Agreement Administrator. Students/staff should contact their Administrator with their Composite ID, which is generated during installation, in order to receive a licence. The Installation Guide is here.
No hardcopy media of either software or documentation will be supplied.
Supported platform details may be found here: ERDAS Imagine Literature
Select the Power Portfolio 2015 - System Requirements from the Technical Documents.
This will be updated on http://www.sterlinggeo.com/ from time to time as new versions are released.
Method of Delivery of Product
The software is only available by download from download.intergraph.com (no registration required). No hardcopy media of either software or documentation will be supplied.