Our Managed Database service looks after the day-to-day running, maintenance and backup of your SQL databases, NoSQL databases and big data platforms.
Managed Database benefits
- Keep data secure: only authorised sources can access your data; we are ISO27001 certified
- Keep data available: you'll always have access to your critical information with our proactive support and 24/7 health monitoring
- Recover your data: regular backups protect your data from loss or corruption.
- Keep data performing: our database housekeeping will keep your database running at peak performance
- Great customer care: our knowledgable Service Desk team manages incident reporting and service requests
We can also custom build a database to your requirements with our optional Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) design, implementation and consultancy services.
We'll look after every aspect of your hosted database. We specialise in Microsoft SQL Server and support other database platforms.
- Requirements analysis
- Technical setup
- Acceptance into service
Monitoring, back-up and incident management
- 24/7 monitoring of all databases
- Service desk provision to log incidents and service requests
- Database availability and health monitoring
- Backup and scheduled task management
- Monitoring of alerts
- Incident diagnostics and recovery
- Receipt and implementation of RDBMS hot fixes, vendor fixes and security patches and minor updates
- Routine database maintenance and housekeeping tasks
- User and permissions management
Change and Configuration Management
- Logging and implementation of service requests
- Risk analysis support
- Recording and reporting changes to the appropriate change and release management authority
- Standard monthly report on incidents and service requests
- Upcoming maintenance announcements
- Supply of data, logs and backups
- Purging of customer data, logs and backups
- Advice on service migration
Customise Your Service
Need a little extra? Bolt on any of the following to our Managed Database service.
High Availability (HA) Solution Administration
HA Service administration, including support to instance-level or database-level resilient solutions in order to deliver increased database availability by supporting almost instantaneous failover to another hot standby database server.
Disaster Recovery (DR) Support Service
Support for managed databases as part of a customer DR or business continuity solution.
Capacity and Performance Reviews
Extends service monitoring measures to log, trend, analyse and forecast database and system utilisation for capacity or performance, or both.
Data Encryption Solution Administration
Certificate management, key administration and other activities to support customer data security requirements.
Major Database Release Upgrade Service
Implementation of RDBMS Product Version next release updates in liaison with vendor Technical Support.
Managed Database Transition
Provision of new infrastructure where database managed services are currently being provided, for example when migrating to a new IaaS tier or infrastructure provider as part of an infrastructure refresh.
The Managed Database service is appropriate for managing OFFICIAL information assets, including those marked with the OFFICIAL-SENSITIVE handling caveat. Eduserv will utilise, as required, appropriately accredited infrastructure, network connectivity, staff security clearance and processes to deliver the service.
Any technical server, storage or network infrastructure needed to administer the service will be hosted in our UK Data Centre in Swindon and/or in our Disaster Recovery sites in Slough. Eduserv will store and process any service-related data to required Business Impact Level requirements up to IL3. All data will remain in the UK.